Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rose McGowan Apologizes For Calling Gays More Misogynistic Than Straights

Rose McGowan has taken to Twitter to apologize for saying that gay men are more misogynistic than straight men.

However, she said she stood by her point that the gay community did not 'pay it forward' by fighting for the human rights of others, specifically women.

The Charmed actress made the comments in a recent podcast with gay writer Bret Easton Ellis.

She said, 'I see now people who have basically fought for the right to stand on top of a float wearing an orange Speedo and take molly.'

McGowan hosted a party over the summer at the Beverly Hills Hotel owned by anti-gay Brunei amid a boycott called by LGBTI activists, whom she dismissed as 'delusional idiots.'

After a backlash from the gay community, she apologized in a series of tweets.

'I was pissed off when I said that, obvs a gross over generalization, for which I apologize. But my point stands,' she wrote.

'Could I have articulated my frustration in a better fashion? Undoubtedly. For that I apologize, but I stand by the overall point.'

She said, 'Where does it say that because of a man's sexual preference, I don't get to point out a group's character defects? It's a human rights issue.

'Misogyny endangers me as a human. It also endangers the LGBT community.'

McGowan then tweeted a more light-hearted apology:

'I'm speaking about MY experience as a disenfranchised activist. I apologize because I like speedos (they're funny,) I like floats and I'd probably like Molly if I tried it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment